The time for becoming an event planner is now. Over the past few years, there has been an uptick in the number of conferences, social events, and trade shows. The trade show industry alone will reach about 17 billion US dollars by 2021.
If you have a creative side and think this is an industry you want to move into, check-out a few event planning books and event manager blogs. Learn what education you'll need and how to break into the market. They are also useful for those already in the industry.
Keep reading below for seven books every event planner should read.
1. Event Management for Dummies by Laura Capell
Due to the increasing demand, it is estimated that by 2026 there will be a growth of 11 percent for event planners. Laura Capell breaks the industry hacks down in terms that anyone can understand.
2. The Complete Guide to Successful Event Planning by Shannon Kilkenny
Kilkenny has been perfecting her guide to successful event planning for over ten years. Follow along as she shares tips on the ever-changing industry.
3. The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner: Worksheets, Checklists, Etiquette, Calendars & Answers to Frequently Asked Questions by Carley Roney
The Knot is the premiere wedding planning website. Carley Roney has crafted a guide that compiles years of information gathered from the site and placed it into the ultimate event planning book.
4. Start Your Own Event Planning Business: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success by Cheryl Kimball
In this event planner book, Kimball provides a step-by-step guide to walk those interested in becoming an event planner. The gem in the book is learning how to follow trends to create your niche market.
5. Event Planning Books Like the Non-Obvious Guide To Event Planning (For Kick-Ass Gatherings That Inspire People) (Non-Obvious Guides) by Andrea Driessen
If you like your information straight with no chaser, this quick guide is for you. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned vet, Driessen has knowledge and information you can use.
6. Reflections of a Successful Wallflower: Lessons in Business; Lessons in Life by Andrea Elizabeth Michaels
Learning from those who have tried it and done it successfully is a step in the right direction. Andra Michaels has done it like no other. In this book, she encompasses branding, messaging, and developing themes that increase customer experiences.
7. The Art of Event Planning: Pro Tips from an Industry Insider by Gianna Cardinale Gaudini
Gianna Gaudini is an award-winning event planner for the global giant, Google. Her new release is a guide on how to maximize your potential. This event planning book takes the reader through 17 vitals topics to be their best in the business.
What Are You Waiting For?
This list of event planning books will get you thinking about your career plans. With the need for planners increasing, there is no time like the present to embark on this new journey.
The Event Planner Expo for 2019 is coming to New York in October. This will be an amazing experience for everyone in the hospitality and event planning industry.
Click here to pre-register and secure a two for one code.