Are you a party animal? Are you amongst the event planners in New York who love to throw the best shindigs on the block? Then this blog is for you!
Whether you're hosting an intimate soirée with close friends or throwing an extravagant bash with hundreds of attendees, New Year's Eve is one of the most exciting times for event planners in New York to throw a party in New York City.
With so much going on around town, including live music performances, giant fireworks displays and more, it's important to plan ahead so that your celebration stands out from all others happening across the city that night.
In this post, we'll cover three tips for planning an amazing event at home!
Make Your Food the Center of Attention
It's tempting to think of food as an afterthought like a garnish to your party, rather than its main attraction. But it's actually a great way to bring people together and keep them engaged in the festivities.
Food can also be the most memorable part of the party, or even the most fun part. For example, when we think back on our time at college, we remember late nights spent eating pizza with friends more vividly than any other memories from those days.
There are so many ways that event planners in New York can use food as a focal point for your New Year's Eve celebration: it can be delicious, creative, visually stunning, and even interactive!
Here are some tips for making your party a hit:
- Make sure that you have plenty of food. If you are planning on having a large party (more than 20 people), you should make sure that there is enough food so that everyone can enjoy themselves! You don't want anyone feeling like they are missing out on what everyone else is enjoying.
- Have different types of food prepared in different ways: some things may be hot; others cold; some spicy and others mild.
- You can make some of the food yourself, but if you don't have time for that, you can also buy it from a nearby restaurant or supermarket. Just be sure to let them know that they are preparing food for a large party so that they can provide enough ingredients.
- Make sure that there is plenty of drink available: water; juice; alcohol (if appropriate); and maybe even coffee or tea.
- Make sure that you have plenty of plates, cups, and cutlery available. You can either buy these from a supermarket or ask people to bring their own. If you are only serving cold food, then you may not need any cutlery at all!
- If possible, try to have your party somewhere where there is plenty of seating.
Use Multiple Rooms
In order for event planners in New York to create an amazing New Year's Eve party, you will have to use multiple rooms. The best way to do this is by using the space in your home and combining it with the outdoors.
A great way to achieve this is by using one area of your home as the main room where most of your guests will be located and then creating two other areas (maybe even have something set up outdoors for cocktail hour) that are more intimate or formal than the main room.
These spaces can be used for smaller groups, or they can be used as places where people can go when they want some alone time from all of their friends!
Set the Mood with Live Music
The first step for any party is to put on some music. Music can set the mood, complement your theme, and help people relax and have fun. The best way to do this is by hiring a live band or DJ who knows how to get people dancing, which will in turn get them into the holiday spirit!
The trick is finding someone who has experience playing at large events like New Year's Eve parties in NYC. You don't want your guests to have a terrible time because they can't hear each other talk over the noise of someone's mediocre playlist.
We hope these tips will help event planners in New York have a great time at their NYE party, and that you’ll be able to enjoy the new year for all it’s got to offer!
Come meet the best party vendors in NYC at our next Event Planner Expo! You can also showcase your event services at this event if you offer them! Click here to learn more!