Have you ever wondered why some event planning companies seem to be thriving, while others are struggling to get by? Sometimes it’s just luck, and sometimes the secret is simply digital marketing.
In today’s day and age, you need to do more than just place an ad in the local paper for your event planning business. You also need a strong online presence if you want to book events.
Luckily for you, there are plenty of ways that you can market your company online and stay ahead of the competition in 2022! We’ll let you in on a few of our top tips for successful event planning marketing:
Google My Business Listing
Google My Business Listing is a free tool that allows you to create a page for your business on Google. While you may think this doesn't sound like much, it's actually an incredible way to get your event marketing company noticed and land new jobs in 2022.
What is Google My Business Listing?
Google My Business Listing is basically just another outlet for your businesses' information to be displayed on the internet. It's similar to Facebook, but with less clutter and more focus on search results within Google itself!
You can add photos of yourself interacting with clients at events or write reviews from previous clients who were happy with their services—whatever helps convince potential customers that you're trustworthy enough for them to hire in 2022!
Make Sure You Are on the First Page of Google
In order to be found on Google, you need to make sure that your business name, city and state are included in all of your online listings. This means that you should use the right keywords in each of these places as well—which is why it’s so important to learn about them.
The most important thing is that if someone does a search for a keyword related to what your company does, their browser will show results from websites like yours first. If this doesn't happen when users input keywords related to event planning, then there's no way they'll find out about all the amazing things your company has going on!
You don't want that happening!
Start an Event Planning Blog
The great thing about blogging is that it allows you to connect with your audience and build a brand.
You can also use blogs as a way to get more event planning jobs, find new clients and get referrals from other planners who are looking for someone just like you. In other words, if you don't have an event planning blog yet, what are you waiting for?
Be Active on Social Media
Social media is a great way to connect with people and get your name out there. It’s also a great way to get feedback on the work you do, which can help you improve in the future. And if you’re looking for a way to grow your email list quickly, social media is an ideal option!
For example, let’s say that you have an event planning business that caters specifically to brides-to-be who want more than just a wedding planner—they want someone who can help them plan their entire life together from finances to travel plans. Social media would be a great way for you to connect with potential clients by sharing posts about topics like savings or honeymoon destinations or even simply by showing off some beautiful photos of weddings that have been planned using your services (all of these things are things that brides would love).
Use Email Marketing for Event Promotions
Email marketing is a great way to reach out to potential clients, but it’s also an effective way to promote upcoming events and keep your event planning blog relevant.
Let’s take a look at how you can use email marketing for event promotions:
- Promote Your Upcoming Events: Email is the perfect medium for promoting your upcoming events. You can send a link to your website or social media pages where people will be able to purchase tickets or register for the event right away.
- Promote Your Event Services: If you offer any services related to event planning (e.g., designing invitations), send out an email blast letting customers know that they can get in touch with you regarding their next big day! This is also a great way of building relationships with potential clients before they need you again (like when they do end up getting married). You never know when someone might refer another friend who's getting married soon—or even themselves!
Start a Newsletter with Your Recent Work
Your newsletter is a great way to stay in touch with your audience, but it requires more than just an email address and a few helpful links. Here are some tips to make sure that you're getting the most out of your newsletters:
- Be consistent. You don't want your subscribers wondering why they haven't heard from you in weeks or months. Make sure that when people subscribe to your newsletter, they know when their next one will come along so that they can plan around it (and actually read it).
- Be clear about what you're offering. Your readers should know right off the bat what kind of content they're going to get in every email, whether it's a blog post by someone on staff or one written by an outside writer hired for the job. A little bit of transparency goes a long way toward building trust between reader and publisher—and trust is key if you want readers coming back again and again!
- Be specific about what you want to achieve with each issue of your newsletter. This includes setting goals for both short-term (i.e., increase traffic) and long-term (i.e., increase donations) benefits as well as identifying exactly which metrics will be used for measuring success against those goals over time (i.e., web traffic).
Create Beautiful Quotes from Upcoming Events
In the event planning marketing department, we're all about creating beautiful quotes from upcoming events. Here's how to make your own:
- Start with a quality photo. Remember, you want to show off your brand and not just any old photo will do!
- Choose a quote that is relevant to your event and audience. If it's for an outdoor sporting event, try "No one can hurt me without my permission." If it's for a wedding shower at an art gallery, consider "I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true." And if it's for a corporate retreat on Maui… well let’s just say there are no limits here!
- Make sure the quote matches your brand identity (and also try not being yourself). In other words: if you are known as “that person who loves cats more than anything else in this world” but choose “The power of imagination makes us infinite," no one will think of you when they look at this image!
Offer a Free eBook to Grow Your Email List
- Offer a free eBook. It’s an oldie but a goodie. Books can be expensive, so offering a free one is an excellent way to show your audience you care and have their best interests at heart.
- Create a landing page for the eBook. It’s tempting to send people straight to Amazon or another book retailer when you offer your product for free, but that doesn’t help grow your database of potential customers. Instead, create a landing page where people can sign up for updates about upcoming events, discounts on tickets and other exclusive offers just for subscribers who signed up through this link (you can use MailChimp).
- Give away the eBook in exchange for an email address or two (or three). This gives customers something tangible rather than just some vague promise of future promotions—and it gets them on your mailing list so you can stay top-of-mind as they start planning their big day!
To get more event jobs, you need to be seen and heard on the internet.
As the old saying goes, "You can't get there from here..." And if you want more event planning jobs, it's time to start using your internet connections!
From now on, being active on social media and having a blog in your corner is not enough. You need to be seen and heard on the internet. You need to get found by potential clients who are searching for event planners in their area or industry. The best way we know how? By being #1 on Google!
SECRET TIP: If you've been putting off starting a blog because you're not sure where to begin, don't worry! Blogging isn't as scary or overwhelming as it seems at first glance. Check out our step-by-step guide for starting an awesome blog here!
So, there you have it, the top 10 event marketing tips to do in 2022. We hope you will give some of these a try and if you are looking for more ways to get clients, join us at the annual Event Planner Expo where you will have the ability to network with industry professionals, and attend workshops that will help you grow your event planning business!