Event marketing is not just about selling tickets. It's about engaging people with your brand who may or may not be interested in attending your event. It's also about encouraging them to turn into repeat customers and helping you get the word out there that your company exists.
Event marketing is a powerful tool for engaging people around events, but it can be difficult to master and requires careful planning if you want to reach the right audience at the right time.
Here are five ways to reach ticket buyers through digital and physical marketing efforts:
1. Utilize video in all of your social media posts
You might think that only social media influencers can get away with using video in their posts. But the truth is, you can do it too, if you make sure to use the right kind of video.
If your event is taking place in a city or town where there are other events happening at the same time, make sure to mention that fact in your Facebook posts. This will help potential ticket buyers find out if your event will be worth their time and money.
And remember, even though social media has become one of the most popular ways to reach new customers, it's still not enough on its own! You'll need to complement your social media presence with an email newsletter as well as email blasts sent from your website. As long as those emails contain links back to specific pages within those sites (like "buy tickets" buttons).
2. Use the visual of billboards to promote your event
Billboards are a great way to reach people. They work especially well for advertisements that need a lot of space and are often used for large events like concerts. A billboard will let people know that your event is coming up, and it'll be easy for them to find out more information about the event so they can decide if they want to go or not.
Billboards can be used as part of your marketing strategy because they're visible from both sides of the street, unlike other forms of advertising that only show one side of an object (such as print ads). This allows drivers who may not have previously been aware of your event opportunity/business opportunity to see it on their commute as well!
3. Make it easy for them to buy your tickets
One of the most important things to keep in mind as you plan and execute your event marketing strategy is that people want to buy tickets. You want them to realize that it’s easy and convenient for them to purchase your tickets, so they can get into the venue and enjoy themselves.
Here are five ways you can make ticket buying easy for attendees:
4. When you have a venue, maximize the brand recognition
The venue is the platform for your event and can be used as a key component in reaching ticket buyers. The venue might be a theater or museum, an outdoor concert venue, or even an empty warehouse. Whatever type of location you choose for your event, there are certain things you can do to maximize its impact on ticket sales and gain brand recognition for future events.
- Use the venue to promote your brand: For example, if you're hosting an art show at a local gallery space that doubles as an ice cream shop on weekends, take advantage of this by highlighting their delicious flavors as part of your marketing strategy (e.g., “The artist will be serving up milkshakes”).
- Use the venue to promote yourself: If your company has no affiliation with any particular location (or if there are too many options), consider creating some kind of tie-in between yourself and either one specific spot or several different spots throughout town—for example: "Join us at [venue name] where we'll be rocking out!" Or "Come see us perform at [venue name] Friday night!"
5. Provide content that is more than just marketing
Your customers want to know what’s going on in your life, not just your business. That means you need to share a bit of yourself with them. This could take the form of behind-the-scenes photos or videos that show off your creative process or give insight into your personality (e.g., “We're working on our next album! Here's a sneak peek at one of the songs!”).
The bottom line: There are many ways to reach ticket buyers for your events through digital and physical marketing efforts.
There are many ways to reach ticket buyers for your events through digital and physical marketing efforts.
- Use video in all of your social media posts. Videos can be used on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Use the visual of billboards to promote your event. Billboards are effective because they help drive traffic to a website or ticketing page where people can purchase tickets directly from you.
- Provide content that is more than just marketing materials about your events but also includes fun facts about the artist or band playing at an upcoming show (for example: "Check out this artist's performance from last night!")
- Make it easy for them to buy your tickets by offering online purchasing options or providing links with information on how they can purchase tickets in person at one location or another venue.
The goal of event marketing is to get people to attend your event. This can be done in many ways, but at the end of the day, you want your audience to know about what they’re going to see and when they can buy tickets.
Click to attend our next Event Planner Expo where our renowned marketing speakers will discuss having a strong social media presence.