Fundraising events for Event Planners in NY has to be among the most challenging event types out there. In essence, you’re inviting people to a venue to ask them for money. Of course, it’s all for a good cause, but still you’re fishing for their cash.
For Event Planners in NY to create friendly yet strategic fundraising ideas that make an impression is not always easy. Getting the audience to identify with with the cause can be a challenge.
Never fear, we’re here to help!
Let’s go over some strategies that Event Planners in NY can attack in this ever-changing world of fundraising events. After reading this post, feel free to check out our Effective Fundraising Ideas for Event Planners in New York article on LinkedIn.
Tell Your Story
Storytelling can truly connect the audience’s emotions to the cause you are fundraising for. Without a story or face that represents your fundraiser, your potential donors won’t be able to visualize or feel just how worthy the cause is.
Tug at the heartstrings:
- During the event, Event Planners in NY can reserve time to teach the audience about the cause and demonstrate to them just how much of a difference they are making.
- Use storytelling by way of photographs, videos, quotes, and artwork.
- Delivering actual examples of where the money that is raised will be going and showing them what a difference they will be making, will deliver fulfillment to your donors and inspire them to continue donating for future campaigns. You should always look for the chance to demonstrate to your donors what their gifts are achieving.
Accommodate Your Donor
Everyone loves to feel special at an event, especially a high-level donor or top-tier sponsor. Event Planners in NY should try to make each one of their guests feel like the most significant person in the room, in order to provide a great customer service experience and make the guest become more inclined to open their pocketbooks to donate to the charity. When you make attendees feel superior, they will be much more inclined to give to your cause and they may even spend some more money while attending your event.
Make them feel special by:
- Calling your guests by name upon arrival and recognizing them for their generosity at every chance you get, will go a really long way in providing a positive and lasting impression.
- Include your VIP board member’s names directly on the event invite. When people open an invitation and see a name they recognize, they feel more driven and obliged to attend.
- VIPs should also see their name on the event board. When individuals buy-in or provide advice on a cause they encouraged to see how it turns out. That means they’re likely to attend, and the exchange will help you build a stronger relationship to them.
Stay Socially Connected
For event marketers and professionals to continue the connection to their supporters during the event is now easier than ever with proper use of social media. In order to grasp a good perspective of your event outcome, you need to tap into its vibe. By doing so, you will have an idea of the influence your event is building and that will give you insight on your fundraising success.
Is your audience sharing out information about your cause on social media platforms? Fundraising is very much a social project in this digitally linked age we’re in. Nearly daily we see people online who are raising awareness or money for a cause that’s dear to them. If Event Planners in NY make their fundraising events more socially connected, they will increase their visibility and build upon the potential fundraising income.
Boost engagement by:
- Through event hashtags and apps, you can follow along with your team during the event0
- Don’t be afraid to ask attendees how they are doing with pre-and post-event surveys!
- Connect the physical and digital audience with a live social wall during the event and flood the wall with messages about support and donations for the cause.
Event Planners in NY always have a tough time finding ideas that are effective and help raise funds. Whatever type of fundraising event you are working on, we hope you have found inspiration with these fundraising strategies.
For more ideas and strategies that help raise funds for various causes, be sure to attend The Event Planner Expo in New York!