The last event type New York Event Planners want to forget to review their checklist on are community events! Community events can make or break your reputation as a top-notch event planner. There can be increased liability with community events, and this is something you’ll need to consider while planning in order to make sure you produce the event that you have in mind.
That being said, here are 3 quick tips to help you plan a successful community event! This short checklist for New York Event Planners will safeguard your brand’s reputation.
- Research insurance. New York Event Planners will often need special types of permits and insurance when dealing with the public and the liability that goes with it so do all of your research to keep completely protected.
- Organize your paperwork. Request and create risk assessments for certain activities e.g. those that involve risk, kids or fireworks. Ensure your paperwork is in order BEFORE the event, if you don’t you could leave yourself liable.
- Do further health and safety checks on the day to make sure everything is operating as it should be. For larger events have a dedicated health and safety officer.
Create a Team
We’ve all heard the saying about how it “takes a village” and since New York Event Planners have exactly that for community events at their disposal, don’t be afraid to ask for assistance.
- Find the specialists. Is there someone in the community is a catering expert? Ask their advice for the best deals in town or who to bring in for mobile catering options. The delight of communities is that you’ll have a network of information that you can tap into. Use it.
- Get together a passionate team. The downside to community organizing is that it can snowball, and you’ll find yourself with too much work or many people to manage, so keep things tight knit and delegate what you can, within reason.
- After every meeting make sure that everyone is clear on their own specific actions and deadlines.
Think Community During Planning
It’s important for New York Event Planners to remember the primary objective of a community event and that is usually to benefit the community! With this in mind, aim for local sustainability and keep this in the forefront.
- Supply from local businesses. It’s for a local cause and you’re more likely to get excellent rates because the event will directly benefit them. Even better, see what they can contribute and provide.
- Consult with the community. What do they actually want from the event and how could it be achieved?
- Think about how local schools, youth groups, churches, sports teams, local interest groups and activities can have a platform at the event.
Having read the methods listed above to guarantee that New York Event Planners have covered their bases for community events, make sure you’ve also lined up some fresh ideas to make the celebration unforgettable for guests.
Ready to produce an amazing community celebration? Read our article on community event ideas that will impress the public!