The best New York parties are the ones where someone has thought of every detail.
Whether you're planning a birthday bash, work party, or special event, these tips will help you plan an unforgettable evening.
Hire a good caterer.
Catering is the most important part of your party, and you want to make sure that it’s perfect. You don’t want to hire some rookie who will show up without all the food ordered or have their workers spill all over your nice white carpeting.
You should look for a caterer in New York who is experienced, reliable, creative and affordable.
Find a reliable event planner in New York.
Finding a reliable event planner in New York can be tricky, but there are plenty of do's and don'ts to guide you through the process.
- First, you need to know what kind of party you're throwing. Do you need a wedding planner? A birthday party planer? Or maybe even an event planner for your company? This will help determine how much experience is necessary as well as whether or not it's worth paying more for an experienced professional who knows what they're doing.
- Make sure your chosen event planner in New York has experience with whatever type of party it is that you want planned. It may seem obvious but asking them directly is important! If they don't have any idea what this kind of thing entails, then maybe look elsewhere.
- Also consider if their personality matches yours. Hiring someone who doesn't mesh well with yours could make things awkward down the line when planning begins in earnest!
Decide on the venue.
When you're planning a party, the venue is probably one of the most important decisions you'll make. You want to pick a location that is appropriate for your event and will make it special (but also within budget).
Here are some things to consider when choosing a venue:
- The number of guests you expect at the celebration
- The type of event (like wedding or baby shower)
- Your budget
Prepare the guest list early.
The guest list is one of the most crucial elements to a successful party. You want to be sure you have one and that it's up to date. It's also important to make sure your guests are interested in attending, can afford the event, and will bring other people with them (if applicable).
Select the right theme.
The theme of your party is the foundation for all planning. Without a solid theme, you run the risk of having an event that’s either too broad or too specific and weird.
Choose something that matches your budget, your guests, the venue, and season.
Use a party rental company.
A professional event planner in New York will know exactly what they are doing and how to handle any problems that may arise during your party or event.
Moreover, they may even save you money! This is because many companies offer discounts when several items are rented together - meaning that renting costs less than if every item was purchased individually.
For example, if I want to rent tables but don't have enough room in my house or office building, then I would either have to go searching around town until finding ones which fit my needs at affordable prices (and sometimes even then not finding anything) OR just contact a company who specializes in supplying furniture & equipment rental services in New York.
Another benefit offered by most companies offering such services today is their ability not only to provide basic necessities like chairs/tables/etc., but also additional decorations such as tablecloths/linen napkins/etc. That's more bang for your buck!
We hope you’ve gotten some great tips for planning a New York party. Like everything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it. So, if you want your event to be amazing, don’t skimp on any aspect of it! The more time and effort that goes into planning an event, the better your result will be.
To meet the top party vendors and event planners in New York, be sure to register for our next Event Planner Expo!