Nothing brings an event audience to life quite like a hilarious comedian or comedy act. And whether you’re curating a private event, like an anniversary party or milestone birthday, or a corporate event, like a holiday party or company conference, comedy can always be a great event entertainment addition to your event experience. Check out these highly recommended comedians in New York City. And layer in some laughter at your next event!
1. Frank Vignola
You might recognize Frank Vignola from his appearances on Comedy Central, SiriusXM, or the prestigious “Just for Laughs” Comedy Festival in Montreal. He’s hilarious and a crowd-pleasing comedian every time.
- Frank was funny and took to the crowd well.
- He was a great part of our celebration for a 30th birthday party. Kept the room always laughing.
- He had the Ladies laughing from hello! Everyone loved Him! We all enjoyed his great humor! I give him an A+
2. Sonya Vai
Sonya Vai is a born-and-raised New York City native with a unique brand of comedy that hilariously pokes fun at stereotypes. She’s a nightly performer at the New York Comedy Club, Gotham & Carolines, and The Stand NYC. And you’ll love the entertainment she can bring to your event.
- Sonya performed at our daughter’s bridal shower. She also tailored her material to fit the occasion perfectly!
- She was punctual, professional, and very, very funny!
3. Johnny Lampert
A true comedic veteran on stage, Johnny Lampert has a fully stacked resume with appearances on the HBO Comedy Showcase and Comedy Central. He also regularly entertains at top casinos and hundreds of private corporate events every year. He’s a reliable and hilarious addition to your NY event entertainment lineup.
- Johnny Lampert is an exceptionally talented comedian, and I’m so glad we hired him for our event.
- Johnny was hilarious, and my guests really enjoyed his performance.
- He was the perfect match for my dinner party, with the ability to work clean and hilarious.
4. Sarah Hartshorne
Sarah Hartshorne is a writer, performer, and wildly funny comedian. She was once a plus-size contestant on America’s Next Top Model, and she went on to model for Vogue, Skechers, and Glamour. Since retiring from modeling, Sarah does stand up throughout NYC and the U.S. at festivals, at clubs, and at various events.
- Sarah Hartshorne brings a fun and unique perspective to every show and speaking engagement.
Danette is a true gem of a comedian and is often called “delightfully dry” and “sweetly sarcastic” on stage. Everyone loves her twisted sense of humor. She’s a Brooklyn native and continues to hone her comedic skills on stages and at events all around the city.
- She is a crowd-pleaser and leaves everyone laughing out loud!!!
- Danette was very thorough. She always reached out to me and asked questions to get to know me and my crowd so she could make the most memorable experience for the occasion. She was great.
- Danette was the best! She showed up early and made the evening with her humor and professionalism. She made everyone comfortable and kept us laughing.
6. Phil Selman
If your New York event calls for a roast, Phil Selman is your comedian. He’s also the comedian other comedians go to see when they’re not performing. He’s no stranger to the national and international club circuit, motion pictures, and television. And he’s hilarious for special events.
- Very entertaining
- Phil did a nice job blending some memorable material along with some personalized digs at our guest of honor, who was there to be ‘roasted.’ The other attendees couldn’t escape the wrath either; It was great!
Bonus List of Top Comedians
Need more top comedians in New York City? Check out this bonus list of well-known and well-respected comedians, available for hire for all kinds of New York events.
7. Trena B. Real
8. Luke Ashlocke
9. Steven Scott
10. Harris Bloom
11. Comedy of Mike & Sue
12. Jo Jo Collins
13. Sheba Mason
14. John Kim
15. Rey The Comedian
Find All Your Event Entertainment at The Expo!
Infuse all your New York events with comedy acts from these top-performing comedians. And get inspired for even more event entertainment ideas, meeting all kinds of potential performers and acts at The Event Planner Expo 2023! VIP and All-Access tickets are available NOW!