Of all your vendor relationships as an event planner, one of the most important to your event success is the photographer. And there are some incredible professionals eager to earn your partnerships for upcoming New York events. But as you know, different events may call for different photography experiences. Before booking photographers for your corporate events or social celebrations, consider these insights.
Choose the Right Specialist for the Event
Consider your event before deciding which event photographer to book. Each professional photographer will have unique skill sets in capturing moments. And some are more amateur in their abilities than others. Decide which type of photography will best complement your New York event, and then choose our professional accordingly.
- Wedding photography
- Conceptual photography
- Candid photography
- Advertising photography
- Portrait photography
- Fashion photography
Know Where to Find Great Event Photographers
You might have to do some research to find the best-fit photographer for your upcoming event. But it’s worth the effort to uncover every stone and call in every referral favor. Here are some resources to help you find great event photographers.
- Ask for recommendations from your network of colleagues.
- Talk with your event venue about their past experiences with photographers.
- Explore some of the professional photographer organizations and associations.
- Seek out other event planners for their suggestions.
- Google searches can help you narrow your search to NYC.
Vetting Event Photographers to Confirm the Best-Fit Pros
After you’ve successfully curated your list of potential event photographers, it’s time to meet with them and review their portfolios. These are the insights you need to finalize your selection and book the best-fit photographer for your event.
- Review samples and portfolios, looking for experience with your specific type of event.
- Read online reviews and ask for event client references.
- Pay attention to your compatibility with the photographer, looking for personality and communication styles that mesh with yours.
Run through your list of questions, too, including whether or not they’ve worked at your venue before. Verify their insurance and inquire about any other events the photographer might already have booked the day of your event. Also, consider asking:
- If the photographer will be coming to your event or sending an associate instead.
- What are the policies for staying later should the event run longer than expected?
- The availability of backup equipment or contingency planning for another photographer.
- Timeline to turn around finished products and methods for sharing proofs and options.
Find All the Best NYC Event Photographers at The Event Planner Expo 2023
Keep these considerations handy whenever you have an upcoming event that calls for a seasoned photographer. And if you need to add more high-quality, in-demand photographers to your network, get in the room with the best at The Event Planner Expo 2023. This is the highly-anticipated conference that attracts the best of the best, including incredible event photographers. Get your tickets!