The Event Planner Expo in NYC is coming your way and it is absolutely the place to be this year for all the who’s who in the New York events industry. Not only will this year’s Event Planner Expo include guest speakers like: Randi Zuckerberg, Colin Cowie, Martha Stewart, but the most valued event vendors will also be in attendance.
Whether you’re an event merchant, veteran event planner, of just starting to build your contacts as an up and coming event professional, there are things you should keep in mind to make the most of your experience at The Event Planner Expo. Most attendees are so excited about this affair, that they forget to plan ahead. So, we put together an attendee checklist that will ensure that you make the most of your experience.
Before the Event Planner Expo
- Write down and research the businesses or products that interest you the most. You should also know where they are located in the exhibitor’s section.
- Create a list of at least three of the “must visit” booths, and then create a separate list for the rest of the exhibitors you would like to visit (providing that you have enough time).
During the Event Planner Expo
- Exchange contact information, scans, or business cards with individuals or companies that you would like to connect with in the future.
- Jot down at least one thing you spoke about with each person or company you would like to contact in the future. This will not only help you recall the conversation you had with them, but is also the best way to open a discussion with them after the event.
After the Event Planner Expo
- Follow up with the people and companies that you would like to maintain a connection with.
- Stay open-minded about all of the information you received during the Expo. You may get introduced to trends that you are not used to incorporating into your planning. However, it may bring you financial gain in the near future!
- Prepare a note or document of what you would like to accomplish or improve for the next Event Planner Expo.
Don’t Forget to Bring:
- Business cards to hand out at the Event Planner Expo. Although scanners will be used, it’s always a good idea to have multiple forms of sharing your contact information.
- Wear professional yet comfortable clothing so that you are feeling your best at all times and can project that feeling to those you meet.
- Comfortable shoes are an absolute must because you will be doing a lot of standing and walking.
- Light snacks to boost your energy are always a good idea. Nuts and protein bars work great.
- You will be networking with a lot of people, so bring along some mints to make sure your breath is up to par. The last thing you want to do is turn someone away from whatever you may be pitching. It will help the impression you want to leave behind!
- Bring chargers for your devices so that everything you need is working at all times.
- Anything that can help an upset stomach or a headache should be packed for the day so that you’re prepared to treat any form of discomfort. We want to make sure you’re enjoying every moment!
- Even in this digital age, it’s always a good idea to bring a pen and a small notebook to quickly take notes wherever needed.
Be sure to visit our website to make sure you’re aware of all of the events taking place at this year’s Event Planner Expo.