Sure, New York Event Planners have creative ideas, but where does the inspiration come from? Here are a set of quotes to help motivate you!
1. “Plans are nothing. Planning is everything.” – Albert Einstein
Is there anything more serious to New York Event Planners than planning, planning and more planning? Sure, having creative ideas is awesome, but ideas don’t amount to much unless you roll up your sleeves and get down to the actual planning. This is a fact whether it’s a huge even or a simple business meeting. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about.
2. “To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” – Leonard Bernstein
New York Event Planners never feel like there’s ever enough time — but maybe that’s a good thing! Without the end in sight (and a little healthy anxiety surrounding that end) it’s easy to get complacent or push things off.
3. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
New York Event Planners know that everyone who is not an event professional assumes that massive events just happen. But the experts know that’s far from the truth. Don’t feel pressured to push ahead if you haven’t laid the right groundwork yet. You know what needs to happen to pull off a successful event — lots of planning. Spend the time getting your ducks in a row to ensure that, when event day comes, you’re 100% prepared and ready for action.
4. “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
New York Event Planners know that events don’t just happen. Don’t just focus on the here and now but, instead, have an overarching view of your end goal. By following the path you’ll likely end up exactly where you want to be — or, at least, close enough! Without those self-imposed marching orders, you’ll waste time and could even land pretty far from your end goal — never good in planning.
5. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
You’ve likely had clients or partners who muse on and on about the nice-to-haves — but how often do the same colleagues and associates not take the steps necessary to get it all done? It’s great to dream big and to wish for incredible programming, speakers, attendees and even food, but what actions are you really taking to achieve it? Stop dreaming and start doing!
ON EXPECTING THE UNEXPECTED
6. “So live life with your eyes wide open so you can embrace unexpected moments because you never know when you will be inspired.” – David Tutera, celebrity wedding planner
Inspiration for New York Event Planners can come in countless forms — and, often, when you least expect it. While planning is key, it’s also important to roll with the punches during the planning and execution of any event. Not only can you, simply, not control everything (we’re looking at you, weather!) but often the most exciting and most memorable moments emerge from those unplanned experiences.
7. “Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful.” – Hazrat Inavat Khan, Sufi teacher
New York Event Planners can stare at a space, a theme or a concept and see the possibilities. They know that, with some hard work and strategic thinking they can take the everyday or the basic crumb of an idea and transform it into something extraordinary. It may take time and will no doubt take patience but, at the end of the day, the end result will make it 100% worth it.
8. “If Plan A didn’t work the alphabet has 25 more letters. Stay cool.” – Unknown
Sometimes even the best planning, preparation and triple checking isn’t enough to keep your plan A on course. But remember, it’s OK! Move to plan B (or C, D, E…) and keep moving forward. Often the only person who notices a shift in plans is you.
ON THE END RESULTS
9. “Good planning I’ve always thought is in the details…Plan it out, make it interesting, and you’re sure to pull it off!” – Eddie Ross, author/editor and producer
At the end of the day attendees, sponsors and partners are, simply, looking for great content, great programming and an overall great time. New York Event Planners need to focus on the details and make it interesting and, no doubt, they’ll walk away with a positive impression — and, at the end of the day, isn’t that your true goal?
10. “Good plans shape good decisions. That’s why good planning helps to make elusive dreams come true.” – Geoffrey Fisher
The moment you see the full picture — the excited attendees, the satisfied sponsors, the engaged speakers and the incredible decor, food and experiences — is the moment you see all of your planning and insights come together. And it’s then that those wild dreams really do come true!
Now It’s Your Turn!
What keeps New York Event Planners inspired and moving forward, as planners?
Do you have any words of wisdom to share with fellow #eventprofs — or maybe a preferred quote we left off our list?
Tell us about it!