So, your one of the event planning agencies NYC that has a sizzling event coming up, but have you thought of an effective way to sell the tickets? Selling tickets on social media is a trend that has gained increased traction with event planning agencies NYC lately. Read on to uncover the secrets to sprucing up an event’s attendance with a fabulous social media campaign.
Start Marketing Right Away
Marketing your event using social media shouldn’t be an afterthought. You need to come up with a clear-cut strategy and plan right off the bat. After all, your event is competing for the attention of potential attendees with cat videos, sports, fashion, funny memes, and other Internet whatnots. You need to make them notice you – and eventually buy tickets early enough. This way, you can adjust your venue accordingly.
Know your target audience
Don’t just splash into social media and plead with your followers to buy tickets. It simply doesn’t work that way. It’s paramount to consider where most of your target audiences hang out. The last thing you want is to waste your effort and time, not to mention money, on Facebook while your potential ticket-buyers are Twitter users. Here are some stats to help event planning agencies NYC make the right choices:
- Facebook: about 71% of online adults use it, with fastest burgeoning demographic being 65+
- Pinterest: 28% of online adults are on it, and are chiefly women
- Instagram: approximately 26% of adults are active on Instagram, with most them age between 18 and 29.
- Twitter: It commands about 23% of online adult market share. Twitter users are often male, university-educated and under 50
- Last but not least, let’s not put LinkedIn and Google+ on the sidelines. They command professionals and business to business networking respectively. Besides, you can always market across the entire social media spectrum.
Take advantage of endorsements from your supporters
If your events would be graced by the presence of famous speakers, artists or contributors, it would be best to ask them to endorse the event via social media. Even better, let these personalities engage your potential ticket-buyers directly on social media platforms. This way, you will create a buzz around the event.
Create a landing page
Most event planning agencies NYC know this, but it’s indispensable create a landing page for the event. It should provide all the details, including the venue, list of sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, artists and even discount coupons. You can also take it up a notch with a blog offering tips and how-tos related to the event.
Come up with a catchy hashtag
Hashtags are hot, trendy and tremendously popular especially now that they are being used across the entire social media spectrum. Make sure your hashtag is spot on when it comes to your event and brand. If it’s an expo, for instance, the event planning agencies can ask the exhibitors to work around the event hashtag.